Wit, Wisdom, and Sheer Balderdash in Approximately Equal Measure from Prof. Oates
08 June 2022
O.U. Engineering School Shirt
What results when one wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks, "Gee, I'd better make a photo of this shirt before it falls completely to pieces."
O.U. Engineering School Shirt Late Night Version
From my expression, maybe I should take action before I fall to pieces! :^)
5 comments:
Micio Nero
said...
:-) I keep all my t-shirts, even the ones that are too broken to be used anymore, as a kind of memento. I still have the very first thing I ever bought online (2 t-shirts!) back in 1995, and a couple of shirts from the early 1990's. :-P
I do somewhat the same thing. I think my current oldest-known one is from Carri's graduation (first time, BS Ed) in 2003. There are probably several older ones in the closet though. The problem is that after a few *decades*, the closet gets pretty full, even after Sue tosses out the XL sizes in favor of the now better-fitting XXLs. I think I could go for a couple of months (maybe three) without wearing the same tee shirt twice!
Micio, did your Google account supply your name for your comment? I need to tell my fb commenters how to put a name on their comments. The best I've figured out so far is to tell them to sign up as Anonymous for the comment and just sign it "by hand" within the comment. That's not very clean, but I suppose it works. If their Google account is supplying the name, that would be better for many of them, since lots of them have Google e-mail addresses.
Yeah, I think I could go a couple of months never wearing the same shirt twice, too. :-) Last time I counted I had about 60 of them,and more will come, as I always buy at least one whenever I go to see some concert (most of them are indeed music related...).
About the name: no need to use the google account. When leaving a comment, visitors can select the Name/URL option (the URLis optional,so no need to fill anything) and they can write their own name.
Oh, well duh! The fill-in-all-blanks software engineer emeritus assumed that the URL was required, despite the fact that it clearly says "(optional)".
So there you have it, readers, after you click the /No/1/2/3/4/5/6 comments link, just put your name (only) in the Name/URL box that appears and comment away!
5 comments:
:-) I keep all my t-shirts, even the ones that are too broken to be used anymore, as a kind of memento. I still have the very first thing I ever bought online (2 t-shirts!) back in 1995, and a couple of shirts from the early 1990's. :-P
I do somewhat the same thing. I think my current oldest-known one is from Carri's graduation (first time, BS Ed) in 2003. There are probably several older ones in the closet though. The problem is that after a few *decades*, the closet gets pretty full, even after Sue tosses out the XL sizes in favor of the now better-fitting XXLs. I think I could go for a couple of months (maybe three) without wearing the same tee shirt twice!
Micio, did your Google account supply your name for your comment? I need to tell my fb commenters how to put a name on their comments. The best I've figured out so far is to tell them to sign up as Anonymous for the comment and just sign it "by hand" within the comment. That's not very clean, but I suppose it works. If their Google account is supplying the name, that would be better for many of them, since lots of them have Google e-mail addresses.
Yeah, I think I could go a couple of months never wearing the same shirt twice, too. :-) Last time I counted I had about 60 of them,and more will come, as I always buy at least one whenever I go to see some concert (most of them are indeed music related...).
About the name: no need to use the google account. When leaving a comment, visitors can select the Name/URL option (the URLis optional,so no need to fill anything) and they can write their own name.
Oh, well duh! The fill-in-all-blanks software engineer emeritus assumed that the URL was required, despite the fact that it clearly says "(optional)".
So there you have it, readers, after you click the /No/1/2/3/4/5/6 comments link, just put your name (only) in the Name/URL box that appears and comment away!
Post a Comment